Friday, September 12, 2008

Matt Damon Is My New(est) Love

I've always enjoyed Matt Damon. I won't go see movies just for him (unlike, say, Shia LaBeouf), but I think he is an intensely charismatic and talented actor who I genuinely respect, craft-wise. Now, I think I've got a full blown crush on him due to this little video clip:


My favorite line of the thing may be:
"I need to know if she things that dinosaurs were here four thousand years ago. That's an important -I want to know that. I really do. Because she's gonna have the nuclear codes."
Let me make it clear that I give McCain a good chance of living through his first and possibly even his second term if he is indeed elected president. After all, his mom's still bopping around, and she seems not only adorable but fully mentally and physically capable. But that doesn't change the fact that his death -any president's death- is a distinct possibility, and Matt Damon is right to bring up the fact that maybe we don't want someone in the White House who believes not only in creationism but also thinks that the Iraq War is a holy war; I mean, that's what we have in office now. And we can see where that's gotten us.

No comments: