Friday, August 1, 2008

A New Crush-Worthy Individual

My list of intellectual crushes is growing rapidly, it seems. There's that one on Jessica Valenti, on this guy, Aaron Sorkin, Joss Whedon, and many others. And now there is a new one: Sarah Haskins. I'm not the only one who has a love for her. She is just so cool, she even made me visit Jezebel after that incident with Moe and Tracy led me to promising myself I never would. So sit back, and enjoy a veritable plethora of her video offerings, guaranteed to make you laugh. Or at least smirk a lot. I sure will. I also liked her more serious comments on NPR.














3 comments:

Jess said...

I particularly enjoyed the Fat Brides segment of the Bridezilla video. How could that bride think she is fat? She looks fine. I wonder what that show would do with someone who is truly overweight to the point that it causes health issues.

I was reading something last night that suggested that a woman can guesstimate her ideal weight by allotting a certain amount of pounds per height. Based on this, my ideal weight is anorexic looking.

petpluto said...

I loved the Fat Brides segment! I loved when they showed what she would look like if she continued down her hazardous food road. I was like, really? That is bad? How about you take us 10 years out?

MediaMaven said...

The problem with that bride is that her dress was too small. Anyone can look fat if they're wearing something too small and too tight.

And "Say more stuff I generically relate to then go to a wedding!" should be my catchphrase regarding my coworkers.

Target: Women is a really cool segment.