Friday, July 3, 2009

Wow

I did not see this coming.

Sarah Palin, governor of Alaska, is resigning some time this month.

I honestly don't know what to say to this. There's speculation afoot that this is to best prepare for a 2012 run for president.

But I seriously hope not. Especially since she apparently said "she feels she can be more effective working outside of government."

If she does run, I want that thought to be brought up. I don't want someone running my government who doesn't like government, or who doesn't feel effective within government. I want someone running my government who likes government; I don't even need someone running my government who likes Big Government, as long as they believe in Efficient Government.

For my money (not that the GOP would want it or take it - they've practically ex-communicated Colin Powell after all), a Sarah Palin presidential nomination would be a Bad Thing. For the party. For the country. In general. It would be good for Saturday Night Live, and possibly John Stewart. But few others.

I can only hope that Palin realized that politics may not be the best fitting of hats. I can only hope that she'll find something else to do that won't put her on my television screen incessantly. I can only hope that she has felt a pull toward a different calling.

Editing to Add:

In an ironic twist, this:


is what greeted me on the "Post Successful" Blogger page.

Oh, the pleasures of keyword generated advertising.

No comments: