Sunday, February 8, 2009

Joss Whedon Week

In celebration of Dollhouse premiering at 9 on friday, February 13 - and yes, I'm aware the premiere date doesn't really do much to alleviate the slight feelings of foreboding a Whedon show on Fox, on fridays - I'm going to try to make this week here Joss Whedon Week. I'm going to examine Whedon's work and what I see as his most prevalent philosophies and issues; thoughts about feminism, existentialism, individualism, family, and what that may or may not mean for Dollhouse. I'm also interested in seeing where Whedon falls down, where he could improve, and maybe compile a checklist of things I want to see and don't want to see on Dollhouse. These will hopefully be interspersed with posts about nonWhedon things, but I can't make any promises. Joss Whedon has hijacked my brain, and I'm so revved up for friday and my extremely tiny watch party I'm worried that not much else will permeate the cloud of euphoria.

Seriously though, mark those calenders. I don't want my cloud of euphoria pierced by the dagger of cancelation. Let's keep this one on the air, people.

No comments: