Monday, September 28, 2009

Odd Discoveries

So. A couple of weeks ago, my iPod, the one I got about 5 years ago and have put through more hell than any electronic device can be expected to go through without imploding, erased itself. The last 5 years of my life and a couple of weeks' worth of podcasts, gone. Then, the iPod I bought through a third party vendor to replace the old iPod in order to transfer songs before dropping the iPod into the shredder, out of my car, off of my desk, etc. caught up with it decided not to work. I then did what any reasonable person would do - I had a minor/major flip out, and - after a couple of weeks of being a crankpot - went to the Apple store and purchased a *new* new iPod to replace the other iPod that had erased itself.

Now, I'm going through the arduous process of putting the music that had been on my old iPod before the Great Wipe onto my new iPod. And here's where I've discovered some odd things. Like, I have a cd called "Sex Pistols and Sid Vicious LIVE". Where would I have bought this? Why wasn't I concerned when Sid Vicious was labelled separate from the Sex Pistols? And why, for the love of God, would I think a live Sex Pistols show would be something worth listening to in audio form? Many, many questions abound.

None of those questions, though, come close to this one: Why did Rush cover Buffalo Springfield's "For What It's Worth" - and why do I own it?

No comments: