Friday, December 25, 2009

Friday (Not So) Random Ten, Christmas Edition

I was originally planning on simply posting my 10 favorite Christmas carols. But then I thought, why not do a list of my favorite Christmas albums?

And so, in no particular order, and some choice tracks:

1) A Charlie Brown Christmas - Vince Guaraldi
"Linus & Lucy"


2) Barenaked for the Holidays - Barenaked Ladies
"Elf's Lament"


"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" (feat. Sarah McLachlan)


3) Joy - A Holiday Collection - Jewel
"Ava Maria"


4) The Christmas Song - Nat "King" Cole
"O Come All Ye Faithful"


5) Pretty Paper - Willie Nelson
"Pretty Paper"


6) Christmas Island - Leon Redbone
"Christmas Island"

7) Have a Holly Jolly Christmas - Burl Ives
"Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer"


8) White Christmas - Bing Crosby
"White Christmas"


9) A New Thought For Christmas - Melissa Etheridge
"Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)"


10) Christmas in the Heart - Bob Dylan
"Do You Hear What I Hear?"

"The first couple of songs, I thought were horrible but fascinating. Then it grew on me." - My mother's review.

My Favorite Christmas Song (not on any of the albums):
"Little Drummer Boy" - Bing Crosby & David Bowie


There are a couple of other albums I consider essential. Unfortunately, one of them is a Victorian Christmas cd and the other is a Japanese Christmas cd I picked up one year, and I can't track down either of them. So I can't tell you what they are. Sorry about that.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Daisy Deadhead said...

Looks like you missed mine! LOL-- Happy Holidays to you!!! :)

petpluto said...

Well, I am a yankee!

I hope your holidays have been wonderful!